Katie Mo

Saturday, September 08, 2007

miPhone


Buying a now-discontinued 4GB iPhone yesterday made me reconsider my college experience. I realized three things over the course of being-unable-to-put-it-down and a compulsive checking-its-battery-power all day:
1. miPhone is amazing.
2. Most of my most recent and favorite pictures are on my laptop, where my iTunes account is not.
3. The thing I regret most about my college career is the total disentegration of my family life.
It may seem like a funny thing, to be led to this discovery by miPhone (that's what I named it, and that's what I'll call it. It's an iPhone, it's mine, so there!); but as I searched for pictures of my family to put under their contact information, I found more family pictures from when I was younger than ten than I found from the last twelve years, of any of us (except of myself, which is no good for my contacts list). I also discovered that I was the last to leave Dad's family cell phone plan. I'sweird, isn't it? To create your own cell account and realize that your brother and mother have already "abandoned ship," as it were?
I just miss my family. I miss eating dinner together, and Zack humming when he knew it was almost time to eat (although I've picked up that habit). I miss being forced to go to church after a tantrum on Sunday morning, if only to sit together and be bored for an hour, and listen to Grandma sing. Lately, I've been missing my grandparents more than ever. I feel like I'm missing a home.




And graduate school is hard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home