Katie Mo

Sunday, February 05, 2006

This is me getting attacked by a pirahna!

We went to the Georgia Aquarium yesterday! It was amazing. I especially liked the Bowmouthed guitarfish but Donna's favorite (and probably everyone else's) was the whale sharks: Ralph and Norton. They were very, very cute. And one day, they will fill half the display window! By themselves! One at a time! HUGE. It was amazing. And kind of reassuring to know that there are two feet of acrylic between you and the shark when it doesn't appear to be turning fast enough! Haha! The beluga whales were really cute, too. Their faces were so intelligent, you could imagine them talking! Well, I could. And I touched a sea urchin and an anemone and I almost touched a cownosed ray but I freaked out and didn't because Donna's dad walked up behind me and yell "woo!" when he poked me because I didn't know he was there. That happened to me twice: the other time I was watching a huge fish and waiting for it to circle to me so I could take its picture but I was so intent on it that I didn't see the HUGE black fish coming up to my right so it scared the crap out of me when it came into my line of sight and I shrieked. Oh well. I got everyone's attention. Haha! Also there are neat crawly things that we went into, and we went down the whale-slide, and we saw stinging nettles, and moon jellies, and pirhana, and piraya, and sea otters, and sea lions, and African penguins, and Girabaldi, and LEAFY SEA DRAGONS and WEEDY SEA DRAGONS (if you don't know what those are, check it out. REALLY!!!!) and so. It was exciting. And Dreamland for dinner! And then we watched The Talented Mr Ripley which I'd never seen before and it was very upsetting. Particulary the part with the oar, if you've seen it. But. Enough out of me! Goodbye!

Love is like diving into an ocean that is certainly too deep
To feel, the sand in your toes, and the bottoms of your feet
But for, some strange reason you stay cold and wet
'Cause you know deep down that you haven't seen, the best of it yet
And all the while you wonder...
Is this right? How do we know
If we never been here before?

- Toby Lightman

2 Comments:

At Monday, February 06, 2006 7:21:00 PM, Blogger debbiemo said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Monday, February 06, 2006 7:22:00 PM, Blogger debbiemo said...

Will you ever swim in the Gulf again?
Hug!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home