Katie Mo

Friday, April 08, 2005

I am SO in an Opera Mood these past few weeks!

These are a few of the songs I've fallen in love with (of course they're also the ones I can sing random vowels to and still not feel like I'm cheating):
+ The Three Tenors' rendition of La Triviata
+ Pavoratti's O Sole Mio
+ Andrea Bocelli's La Donna e Mobile
+ Maria Callas's Carmen aria thing (I don't know the name for this one.)
+ Maria Callas's Queen of the Night Aria
+ Dido's Lament from Purcell's opera

And even though it isn't really opera, Andrea Bocelli & Sarah Brightman's Time to Say Goodbye. I realize these are all popular songs and I'm not really that cool, but man. I wish I was a soprano sometimes. But not often.

Anyway, it's Phantom time, so I'm gonna go screech my way through the prettiest bits of Sarah Brightman's rendition. teehee.

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 12, 2005 10:29:00 PM, Blogger delia said...

ah, maria callas, one of my absolute favorites, you should listen to her "una voce poco fa" wonderful, my other favorite, joan sutherland, incredible...just let me know if you want some recordings i have plenty and would not mind burning them for someone who would listen and appreciate them!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home